We were blessed to receive over a half an inch of rain yesterday. It was a gentle rain at different times throughout the day. So when I awoke in the morning I realized I would not be working outside. So I thought it would be a good day to paint my kitchen ceiling. We had to have some repair work done to it about a month ago and I was procrastinating (our family is good at that!) in getting the painting done. Anyway, I had less than a 1/4 of the paint left and thought no problem I can get this finished!! WRONG! So this lead to a trip to Sioux City to visit Menards! Well of course I don't just drive to Sioux City to get paint, I have to do other shopping also, you know with gas prices you have to get your monies worth out of the trip!! I was walking in the mall and who do you think I run into??? Grandma White and Charlotte!! Seems they were in Sloan that morning and stopped at the mall also! So we had a nice little chat.......anyway, back to the paint. I finally got to Menards and after waiting in line for assistance the gentleman tells me that color has been discontinued.....very frustrated at this point (because I don't want to paint the whole ceiling over, too much work) I tell him to check on the computer if they have any inventory of it. It said 2 gallons was somewhere in the store. So we began searching. Mind you we found it; but not in the place where the other Dutch Boy products were. I felt very lucky and bought both gallons for the future! After being in the store for 1 hour for 2 gallons of paint I was happy to get on the road back home. By the way, as I sit here the painting is still not finished, but it is on my "to do list" for today!
Happy 31st Birthday Jessica and Happy 1st Birthday to little Mackenzie on Friday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Isn't it funny how life works out...if you hadn't run out of paint, you would have never run into Grandma that day! Funny!
Post a Comment