I'm not sure what the weather in your area has been like but here on the farm the last 2 weeks has been less than pleasant! Cold, rainy and sometimes a little snow! This has not been good weather to get out and work in the dirt! This next week sounds more like the 60's so Tony & I have plans to start working in the garden area. We need to get the seed potatoes in and he purchased more asparagus. He mentioned the strawberries are up and that I need to get down there and pull some "old" weeds from last Fall. Awww..... I just love Spring don't you?
I went to burn the garbage in our "burn hole" one night last week and we ended up picking up branches and sticks and burning them also. Who remembers doing that job at Grandpa's???? I always hated that job; but now it seems to be kinda fun and it just made me think of all the good times living on a farm and memories of Dad!
Enjoy your Springtime and take time to count your blessings!
FYI: the buds on the apples trees are HUGE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should really get out there and take some pictures of your buds!!! I wouldn't mind seeing some photos of all the trees! Snowed here last night! COld this morning. Turned the furnance back on a few days ago...bummer.
We had snow and cold earlier this week, but yesterday it finally got warm again in the great north! Beautiful day today.
I'd love to see some pics too!
Post a Comment